@curtdoolittle could you help me understand why men and women don’t show differences in general intelligence at the average, despite the fact that differences in brain size & brain structure between the sexes are greater (and more extreme) than those between races?”—James W. @kenationalist__
1) Men and women do show TASK differences, avg of ~1/2 standard deviation.
2) Why? ~10% bigger brains.
3) Men mature later than women, and are men are more widely distributed and so produce nearly all outliers. Women are (far) more neurotic, and men (far) more criminal.
4) Most tests that I know of have been skewed to put greater emphasis on verbal to limit the delta male and female differences – even further masking differences than comparison by same-age testing.
5) Intelligence tests use age, and do not measure sexual maturity, cognitive bias, predictive error, predictive error under controversy. This means that tests measure average workforce performance (near-tasks), NOT adult economic social and political judgements (far-judgements). Yet it is Political Prediction, not Task Performance where we differ most.
6) First rule of economic reasoning always applies in behavioral sciences: account for the seen and unseen. Or as well say ‘Full Accounting”. Always ask, What is the full spectrum they claim to measure, what are its limits, and what’s not being measured? Most lies: cherrypicking.
7) Race-differences in AVERAGE intelligence (big) are greater than in-group sex-differences in intelligence (small).