How on earth was peasant, a Jewish faith healer (scam artist), an itinerant preacher(bum), whose ideas were a philosophical innovation, who was punished like a common criminal, for crimes of insurrection against the state – elevated to a god when he never himself made any such pretense?
The teachings of Jesus of Nazareth are simple: exhaustive forgiveness and exhaustive charity by extension of familial love to all – especially those unable to compete in social, marital, commercial, intellectual, political, and military markets that the Indo European Romans, Greeks, and Persians used to separate worthy man from unworthy subhuman beast. This happens to be the counter-intuitive solution to the prisoner’s dilmemma of scaling human cooperation despite our natural kin selection, natural self interest, and natural envy. It’s the method for producing trust between people lacking political, martial, social, commercial power. It was a revolution in philosophy, social, and political science. But that innovation was limited to the words of jesus and jesus alone. Everything else appears to be nothing but lies.
Can you warranty the claim that Jesus was a scam artist and a bum? If not, you’re imposing a cost on those whose faith is valuable to them. That is a violation of reciprocity.
All crime is valuable to all criminals. All drugs and alcohol are valuable to all addicts. All Lies are valuable to liars. Value is not demonstrated interest unless it is demonstrated interest in the productive, non-false, and free of negative externality
So yes, I can warranty that faith healing is scam artistry. I can warranty that there is no evidence that if he even existed at all, he was poor enough to resort to scam artistry. But Character has no bearing on truth. His solution to social orders was true. That’s the science.
None of these things can be falsified, nor can they be warranted. Hence, the unique dilemma.
I can in fact warranty my claims. I can warranty them with my life, property, or money. I can testify that the supernatural is falsified already.That you don’t know this is a matter of knowledge not opinion. And you have means, motive, and opportunity to lie despite ALL evidence.
You can (possibly) falsify claims of the supernatural at the present. But you cannot falsely that Jesus performed the supernatural 2000 years ago. You weren’t there, He was unique, and it’s not testable.
I can falsify it by the statement that you can’t make a truth claim based on hearsay, motivated reasoning, the structure of motivating reasoning consisting of the structure of the Abrahamic method of lying, your addiction response as motive alone, the totality of evidence without exception, and I can accuse you justly of the crime of harm to the informational, economic, social, and political commons – like any other drug user or dealer or scam artist. The Abrahamic method of deception is the method of false promise by scam artists of which faith healers are merely the most gentle example.
But can you warranty that the Son of God cannot heal, as Christians claim He is? Obviously, they can’t warranty that claim, either. Point being, it’s a violation of P-Law for either side to state, with certainty, what Jesus was or was not.
Yes. I can warranty it. But that should be obvious. There is zero chance that such warranty can be invoked. The supernatural claims are by definition lies. Abrahamic religions are all constructed from lies. Jesus need only be taught as philosophy science, law, and emergent deism.
The (limited) teachings of Jesus are a primitive expression of the science of the optimum interpersonal behavior, and the optimum solace obtained from practicing it. If you need lies to justify the science that is a character defect with vast social and political consequences.
Belief or denial, in this case, is merely a preference.
Ergo the fallacy of pretense of the neutrality of belief. You don’t consider that the purpose of defending belief is exclusively to commit crimes. And like all criminals you think these crimes are justified. I do law, not philosophy, ideology, or theology. I deal with crimes.
The only crime we’re discussing here is your violation of the natural law of reciprocity via the unwarrantable claim that God/Jesus does not exist. You (and nobody) can claim their existence or non-existence for certainty.
Reciprocity requires productive (non-parasitic), exhaustively informed (testimony), voluntary transfer of demonstrated interests free of imposition of costs upon the demonstrated interests of others. By perpetuating Abrahamic deceit you impose a cost on the informational commons.
Testimony (reciprocity in speech) requires realism, naturalism, identity, internal consistency, external correspondence, operational possibility, rational choice, stated limits, completeness, and demonstrated due diligence, warranty, and liability.
One cannot engage in reciprocity in pursuit of a crime because it violates the prohibitions on productivity and externality. So no I cannot be engaged in irreciprocity by accusing you of the impossibility of testimony, and the impossibility of warranty.
But the evidence was demonstrated, albeit 2000 years ago. Of course, it cannot be duplicated because He is no longer active in our realm. It comes down to belief of eyewitness and written accounts of people long-since dead, as well as the spiritual experience of believers.
No there is no evidence. All we have is hearsay from decades later by people with means motive and opportunity to lie, and evidence that almost every claim was repurposed from Egyptian, Mithraic and Persian predecessors, by a group of seditionists, led by Saul of Tarsus. All lies.
My claim is a warrantable and testifiable claim(realism naturalism, exceptionless evidence). Your claim isn’t warrantable(supernatural) or testifable(any evidence) and is based on hearsay. But that doesn’t matter. What matters is whether you use this falsehood to commit a crime.
So all I have to do is discover and list the crimes you commit that you justify with this lie. All of which are relatively easy. This is because you think you’re are conducting a debate over belief or opinion w/o consequences not the prosecution of and defense against crimes.
I can of course rely on decidability. Given the evidence and incentives the only decision available is that they lied in the past, you lie today, and you depend on the Abrahamic method of lying today. So my claim is evidence, yours is faith.
So Occam’s Razor:
0) The converse argument, if we allow the supernatural, is that Abraham was in fact the devil, the Jews his chosen people, Jesus the son of a Roman soldier and a Jewish prostitute, most likely a carpenter in the employ of the Roman army, exposed to Roman thought, and Paul the Devil’s Scribe, and the four gospels were written oral tradition by unknown scribes, and that the Abrahamic religions are responsible for the destruction of the great civilizations of the ancient world by the consequence of their lies.
1) That the devil Abraham was successful in promising freedom from God’s formal, physical, natural, and evolutionary laws written in God’s hand in the universe itself, and reduced every civilization to ignorance poverty dysgenia. What better alternative to European religion of heroic tragedy – glory and honor in together succeeding despite the tragedy of God’s laws – than to claim false freedom from God’s laws, by untestable, unverifiable, means?
2) that Europeans discovered, adapted to, and applied those formal, physical, natural, and evolutionary laws of the universe written in God’s hand(science), and freed mankind from the Devil’s Lies by use of God’s Laws. And that you are the Devil’s follower, violating God’s laws.
3) What is more a more likely history: That the devil feared the European discovery of Gods laws, and came to earth in the form of Abraham to bring the false promise of the Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, to prevent man from evolving into the hand of God.
4) The evidence is that man is easily seduced by the Devil’s promise of freedom from formal, physical, natural, and evolutionary laws, and that Abrahamic religions are the most successful of the Devil’s work to destroy man’s transcendence into the hands of God by Gods laws.
5) And what better lie to sell that false promise of freedom from the cost of God’s Laws? And the addiction that results from it? What more successful program could the devil have invented? What has been the cause of more death than the Abrahamic religions? (Only Malaria.)
6) The founding myth of western civilization is that of metalsmiths: the blacksmith and the demon. Where the devil promises freedom from God’s laws in exchange for future years of life. But the European tricks the devil. The Semites didn’t trick the devil -they took his deal.
7) What is the evidence? That the Abrahamic religions sell violation of God’s laws. That Abraham was the devil. That every civilization faith touches dies because they violate God’s laws. That Abrahamic faiths are devil worship. The hatred of man, of life, of God’s laws, and god.
That’s the counter-argument. And it is a very difficult argument to defeat.