Human cognition consists in:
- (outgrowth) of coordination of movement in response to stimuli
- Of body(cerebellum) and space(cerebrum) predictive modeling
- All cognition is constructed of organization and disambiguation of senses in parallel
- All successful cognition survives competition for coherence across all perception.
- All movement is calculated in parallel with any concept – and release if survives competition with others of the same. (Debunk Present Philo-sophistry here)
Human Faculties are, in Sequence:
- Sense (nervous system) (pulses)
- Perception (integration) (predictive modeling)
- Intuition (auto-association, prediction > emotion)
- Attention (awareness (winning competitors for attention) 2? 3? 5?)
- Consciousness (recursive awareness)
- Reason (recursive permutation, by direction of attention)
- Action (demonstration of choice)
- Observation (recursion of Sense Perception)
Consciousness is due to a vast hierarchy recursive reflection. The only value of consciousness as we understanding it is in cooperation: Imitation (acting), Empathy (feeling), Sympathy (thinking).
Any sufficient supply of neurons, capable of producing a world model, episodes, and memories, and a sufficient hierarchy of recursion will eventually produce consciousness.
- Within this method we find special cases of the epistemological method: non-contradiction, apriorisms, simplicity – in the same way we discover special cases of prime numbers – and for the same reason: coincidence of simplicities amidst the chaos of possibilities.
- But we eventually run low on simplicities at any given level of precision and must develop new logical and physical and moral instrumentation in order to obtain sufficient information to discover more simplicities at greater precision.
- All the while defending against our tendencies to engage in error, bias, wishful thinking, suggestion, obscurantism, pseudoscience, pseudorationalism, pseudo-moralism, and deceit.
THEORY: a theory, like all knowledge, consists of the narrative by which we identify opportunities to make use of the theory, the narrative we use to explain causality, and the formula by which we measure the observations.
What is reducibility: parsimony.
What’s parsimony: disambiguation.
How to we test parsimony: (disambiguation) first principles
What is the minimum method of parsimony: the method by which we disambiguate construction.
Faith(Religion) > Belief(Philosophy) > Theory(Science) > Trust(Law) > Demonstrated(Testimony)
Numerology to Matthiness (pseudomathematics)
occult -religion > sophistry-philosophy > magic-pseudoscience > numerology-mathiness > testifiabilty.
First Principles (cause) > Computational Model(test) WHAT METHOD OF REDUCIBILITY > Verbalization (Search)
Search Criteria + Measurement + Causality
Attention -> Suggestion -> (falsification? justification)