Religion? Pretty consistent:
“A Heathen, a Pagan, an Aryan, an Aristotelian, A European, a Man Transcendent.”
But Christian? I am a Christian in the empirical sense of the incremental romanization and then Germanization of that Jewish sect we call Christianity, did contain the answer to the prisoner’s dilemma and a means of escaping the high cost of enslaving everyone below the property-owning, self-maintaining classes, and taking responsibility for their actions, productivity, and prevention of harm. It traded the high cost of responsibility for a vast serf and slave majority, for a specialized priesthood that administered them by superstition and ignorance -which was far cheaper. Thus freeing the aristocracy and the middle class from those costs.
- The elimination of hatred from the human heart.
- The extension of familial love to kin and kith.
- The exhaustion of forgiveness before abandonment, punishment or war.
- The requirement for personal acts of charity to assist those less able.
- The abandonment of responsibility for all else in exchange.
- The production of peasant “mindfulness” for having done so.
- The suppression of the violence of the aristocracy in exchange for the income from church administration of the peasantry
- The splitting of aristocratic families under primogeniture into private-inherited estates, and church-corporate continuous landholdings around the estates, leased out to the peasantry.
- The encouragement of reproduction of inexpensive farm labor (be fruitful and multiply) to feed the needs of church and estate.
- At the cost of maintaining the system of illiteracy, ignorance, superstition, false promise, and lies.
Jesus was most likely the son of a Roman soldier and a Jewish prostitute who probably served himself, who, when he found john the baptist, imitated him, trying to make a living as a faith healer (a scam artist) himself. But while in practice, learning the art of the scam, he was angered by the condition of the people who were victims of scamming by their own, and in doing so discovered the solution to middle eastern impossibility of inter-family, inter-tribal cooperation: the counter-intuitive solution to the prisoner’s dilemma: reciprocal exhaustion of forgiveness and abandonment of responsibility for the punishment of slights, thus ending family clan tribe and cult continuous feuding. And in doing so Jesus became an accidental philosopher. An anti-Achilles, Anti-Hero, as the symbolic leader of an Anti-Roman, Anti-Persian revolution. A revolution that would provide self-image, self-worth, and peer-status to those who lacked it under Indo European aristocratic civilizations that treated them as semi-domesticated animals. Because Indo European Civilization was performative. It required substantive achievements. And the peasantry was neither cognitively culturally, economically, or politically capable of substantive achievement. This is why the indo european civilizations consider them atheists: they denied the gods in favor of man, and a man pretending to be a god, and a god that was alien and unworthy of worship, for a people incapable of achievement.
This is a religion of man. Of the primacy of man. Of primacy of man via truth. And truth as incremental transcendence into omniscience and omnipotence: the transformation of man into gods.