Man – Mind
“Man Must Act”
(dark forces of need, time, and ignorance)
|BEHAVIOR| property(acquisition/defense) > prey drive > gender drive > cooperation drive > personality > intuition > reason > calculation > computation > markets > symmetries.
( … )
1. sense (neurons-nerves)
2. disambiguation (constant relations – cortex),
3. perception(integration-prediction – cortex),
4. intuition (auto-association-prediction) (hippocampus-cortex + valuation(emotion))
5. attention (attention-prediction) (thalamus-hippoampus-cortex),
6. will (recursion-prediction) (prefrontal, thalamus, hippocampus, cortex)
7. and release of actions;
THE RULES OF CONSCIOUSNESS
1. Our attention rotates in a competition between sensation(observation and construction by prediction and reward identification), imagination (possibility by association), holding attention on a goal (possibility by continuous opportunity seizure), and releasing predicted actions (in pursuit of the goal).
2. We rotate between sensation (observation and construction by prediction), anticipating (goal prediction), and storing (remembering by stimulating and rehearsing), on a 1/10th of a second rotation (Theta) creating competition and choice.
3. There is no observer, other than the memory of an observation.
4. There are no observations other than sequences.
5. There is no comparison of observations other than to previous sequences.
6. There is no order in sequences other than that created by sequences.
7. There are no sequences other than those of sensations.
8. There is no existence sensed, other than those changes in time.
9. Without change we cannot sense time.
Existence is a verb
Experience is a verb
Imagination is a verb
Consciousness is a verb.
Because Acting is a verb – and we can only act in time.
Without action, we produce no existence, no experience, no sequence, no memory, no consciousness.
There is no observer other than the observations (hierarchy of increasing of sequences of memories in time.
We see what the camera sees.
We do not record images, but sequences of related stimuli.
“I AM, MEANING, I EXIST AS, THE HIERARCHY OF MY MEMORY IN MOTION”
Arousal is not Consciousness
Confusing Arousal with Consciousness is like confusing the light switch with the light. Just ’cause we can turn off the switch doesn’t tell us how the light is created.
We can interfere with any number of parts (Colostrum) and shut down experience. That doesn’t tell us anything.
The question is, how does that mushy wetware synthesize past memory present experience, and future prediction, from millions of nerves (measurements) into our rather amazing conflated experiences of past, present, and future? (cortical hierarchy, parahippocampal, perirhinal, entorhinal cortices, and subiculum.)
How do we shift between narrow focus, near perception, environmental perception, self-perception, and deep introspection and imagination? (thalamus)
Why is it we can react so quickly that we can hit a curveball with a bat? (basal ganglia, cerebellum, and cortical prediction)
How do we Assemble memories and experience them? (Hippocampus)
What is that feeling of me? (mostly, hippocampus)
Why can’t we pin it down.
“Cause it’s a verb not a noun”.
The continuous change in state in a hierarchy of ever smaller cycles of time….
( … ) Hayek’s knowledge, tradition, habits…. limiting burden of reason.
The Will To Act
(necessary … preservation of the will to act … dunning kruger confidence )